Tattoo & Piercing Studio
Welcome to PattysArtspot! We are a tattoo and piercing studio that features local and hand-made artwork. Our goal is to be a community friendly business, and hope to make everyone who walks in our doors feel comfortable.
You will find an abundance of ideas, reference and help designing that perfect tattoo at PattysArtspot. You can participate in the creative experience by making your own artwork at one of our sketch pads.
Tattoos can represent individuality or independence. They create bonds between the recipients. They help us remember those who have passed and can represent hope in one’s future.
“Best of Morgantown” for five consecutive years!
GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE
PattysArtspot is owned and operated by Patty Loy-Colebank.
Patty started tattooing in 1990 at the Fairmont Thinkin Ink Studio of Tattoo. Owner Youngen was kind enough to let her hang out and draw patterns for people before she did an apprenticeship with him.
Since Patty can remember, she has been making art. It’s all she ever wanted to do. She believes every person is an exception, and Patty thinks it’s great to be immersed in an industry where she can help people realize that about themselves. She strives to make every tattoo the BEST tattoo she has ever done. She enjoys designing the right tattoo for each customer.
Patty met her husband Craig at the studio. Craig also is a tattoo artist. They have been married over 20 years and have 2 beautiful daughters.
“Tattoos are as unique and individualized as the person choosing to get them. Having confidence that your artist is able to take your idea and turn it into a permanent artistic masterpiece is utopia. That’s just what I have found at Patty’s Art Spot. This group of skilled artists have left me in awe at their talents. Their facilities are clean, artists that are client centered and explain the process, quickly leave you with a sense of certainty that you chose the right place to go. To say that I have left satisfied is a huge understatement. They have far exceeded my wildest expectations. I cannot highly recommend them enough. This group of amazing artist’s certainly deserve the best of Morgantown. I am constantly asked who did my work and where, and without hesitation I send them to Patty’s knowing that they’re in the best hands possible.”
How to be a GREAT tattoo client
After 32 years of experience, this is how PATTY describes the perfect client.
- Do research ahead of time: know what you want, where you want it, how big and whether you want names, dates, or other text.
- Check out all our artists on the website: www.pattysartspot.com to see who you want to do the work (who’s style fits the vision of the finished piece)
- Call the shop of the artist you want to do the work– for availability AND to make an appointment.
- Send the artist all the reference materials (or a very accurate description of what you want). Let them know where (right bicep, left shoulder, back of calf, etc.) and size (1/2 sleeve, 50cent piece, fill the whole chest, etc.)
- Approve the drawing, so when you walk in, your pattern is ready for you (and we don’t waste “tattoo time” drawing. Check accuracy of spelling, dates and orientation.
- Come at your appointment time. Come alone, with a mask, and healthy (your temperature will be taken at the door)
- Discuss price before the procedure begins.
- Take care of your tattoo, as it is your responsibility once you leave the shop.